Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Classy Hot Pocket

This week I saw this post from the LollyChops blog on making ham and swiss braided bread. Since I just recently learned how to bake bread I've been playing around with a bunch of recipes and this looked like a winner. And boy was I right!



S doesn't eat pork so I switched up the filling and decided to do my own take on the Philly Cheesesteak with roast beef, swiss cheese, peppers and onions. It was amazing! S calls it "a classy Hot Pocket."

What would you put in this amazing braided bread?

2 comments:

w9yards said...

This is amazing! You are definitely a talented chef!

Anonymous said...

mmm...I used to make these when I was younger...gave Mom a "break" from cooking dinner, lol. (Probably more of a mess to clean up than when she made dinner.) My fave is to do a bunch of different types of cheeses, some diced turkey and a yummy aioli or mustard. You can also make a delicious dessert one too! Love the blog. =)